Thursday, November 19, 2009

CABBAGE-VEGETABLE SOUP and SPICY GARLIC BRUSSEL SPROUTS



Last Night I Made:
CABBAGE-VEGETABLE SOUP and SPICY GARLIC BRUSSEL SPROUTS for DINNER.
Soup recipe from the latest issue of Everyday Food Magazine.

Simple soup made with cabbage, leeks, potatoes, carrots, and vegetable broth.
Very clean tasting and perfect for a cold day.

Our new FAVORITE vegetable,BRUSSEL SPROUTS!!!
So fresh, it's still on the stalk.
Just look at the picture above!
In season right now and available at Trader Joe's for only $2.99.
Just twist off each brussel sprout, cut in half and saute with minced garlic, red chili peppers, and salt and pepper.
So delicious, even a brussel sprout hater will love to eat them this way!!!

3 comments:

Jen Treehugger said...

I LOVE Brussels sprouts! LOVE 'EM LOVE 'EM LOVE 'EM!

nihaty said...

useful is a plant garlic in turkey, we use almost all the dishes and he's my taste wonderful natural antibiotic.

jd said...

I'm planning to make the Cabbage-Vegetable Soup from EDF magazine tomorrow! I'm glad that you liked it because I wasn't sure how it would turn out...

Also, I'm a huge Brussels sprouts fan, too! I always thought I hated them before, but it turns out that I just hated they way they were cooked when I had them. I love them roasted with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper, but I'll definitely have to give your method a try, too :)