Monday, November 30, 2009

THANKSGIVING FOR 2

THANKSGIVING 2009
NUMBER OF GUESTS: 2- Me & My Husband!!!

I spent all day preparing this meal for the LOVE of my Life!!!
I loved every minute of it!
So what am I THANKFUL for this year?
I am so thankful to have found my true love so early in life (high school sweethearts) and for being married to my best friend!!!
And now on to the food!

THANKSGIVING FEAST FOR 2


LENTIL APPLE WALNUT LOAF- Recipe from CLEAN FOOD by TERRY WALTERS.
Lentils, grated apples and carrots, raisins, walnuts, and topped with a sweet apple butter glaze. Good, but fell apart too easily.


ROASTED GARLIC BRUSSEL SPROUTS AND FINGERLING POTATOES-Brussel sprouts, fingerling potatoes, garlic, crushed red chili pepper, olive oil, salt and pepper. Simple and so delicious!!!



POBLANO MASHED POTATO SQUASH BLOSSOMS WITH BABY ZUCCHINIS-Made these almost 2 weeks ago and they were so good! We just had to have them again. But this time, with the baby zucchinis still attached.

ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH-Butternut squash roasted with garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. Another simple dish, yet so full of flavor!

LEFTOVER POBLANO MASHED POTATOES


CRANBERRY APPLESAUCE-Apples, cranberries, cranberry juice, and maple syrup, blended and eaten alongside the Loaf.


DESSERT:
OVEN-ROASTED BANANA RUM CHEESECAKE WITH SPICED PECAN CRUST-Recipe from THE CONSCIOUS COOK by TAL RONNEN.
Whole bananas roasted (with peel) and processed (peeled) with FYH cream cheese,rum, and spices.
Baked and cooled for a few hours and topped with chopped pecans.
Original recipe called for a MAPLE RUM SAUCE, but mine didn't come out right, so I dumped it.


ROASTED BANANAS WITH SKIN

9 comments:

Foodeater said...

What a gorgeous spread! Everything looks fantastic, I'm drooling!

Anonymous said...

what a feast! I've got to check out Tal's cookbook

Michal said...

Wow what a spread! You went all out, it all looks delicious!

Sarah said...

hi! i just found your blog - looks great! especially all the food paired next to toys - awesome!

VeganView said...

Wow, does all this look amazeballs or what?! I am impressed and want that feast tonight!

Jen Treehugger said...

Oh wowzers! Everything looks amazing - those roasted bananas excite me no end.

Susan said...

That all looks fantastic!

Kristie said...

Banana Rum Cheesecake? Oh. My. Word. I'm drooling! :)

Anonymous said...

How did you like the banana cheesecake? Im thinking about making it for an Easter pot luck.