Monday, December 7, 2009

GOLDEN MEAN CAFE

Yesterday, my husband and I had lunch with a friend at GOLDEN MEAN CAFE in Santa Monica.
A small vegan cafe serving soups,sandwiches, salads, and pastries.
The place is small with a downstairs and upstairs eating area.
The cafe is casual and very cozy.
The food is clean tasting and the servings are perfect!!!

We each ordered a different dish and shared.

Our friend ordered the PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM PANINI-Roasted portobello mushroom, onions, peppers, baby arugula, vegan mozzarella on a ciabatta roll with a side of Lentil Arugula Salad.


I ordered the "LEAN MEAN" VEGGIE BURGER-Bean and veggie patty with lettuce, tomato, pickles, avocado and special sauce on a ciabatta roll with a side of Kale and Golden Beat Salad.


And my husband ordered the SOUP AND SALAD COMBO- Red Potato Salad and Butternut Squash Soup.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I love the dinnerware! :)

Jen Treehugger said...

Awesome orderings! I LOVE that you took a model along with you - you crazy blogger you.
:)

Susan said...

I am also in love with the fact that you took your toy along with you to the restaurant. Awesome. ;)