Saturday, February 27, 2010

GERMAN CHOCOLATE CAKE

Today I Made:
GERMAN CHOCOLATE CAKE for DESSERT.
Chocolate cake layered with a sweet coconut pecan topping.

The cake layers contain zero sugar.
All the sweetness is in the frosting.
Perfect blend of flavors.
And of course it goes great with coffee!!!

This recipe makes a huge cake, so plan on sharing it with others.

*JUST FOUND OUT THAT THERE IS A TYPO IN THE CAKE RECIPE AS ITS WRITTEN IN THE BOOK. THERE IS SUPPOSED TO BE 1 1/2 CUPS OF SUGAR ADDED TO THE BATTER. Source: See Typos? « 500 Vegan Recipes

5 comments:

Millie said...

That looks great. Good job!

http://nuestracena-vegancuisine.blospot.com

Jess - The Domestic Vegan said...

Yikes! Scary typo! That cake looks fantastic, though! I *love* German Chocolate Cake & it's been waaaay too long since I had some!

PB and Jess said...

Wow...does that cake look good!?! I own 500 Vegan Recipes and now I know what to make next. Yum!! :)

Twins & Co. said...

I came across your blog looking for any reference to typos in the german chocolate cake recipe in the cookbook 500 vegan recipes! I tried the batter and was like, "This isn't even sweet." I told my husband I thought I found a rad recipe, but it totally sucked. Before I threw it out, I decided to add some maple syrup and raw sugar, but I only added about 3/4 cup worth. It's baking now....I hope it turns out! I'll post later www.hibbardkitchen.blogspot.com :)

Gauri Radha गौरी राधा said...

That looks awesome!!