Monday, March 1, 2010

WILD RICE YAM PANCAKES


Today I Made:
WILD RICE YAM PANCAKES for Breakfast.
Recipe from Thrive by Branden Brazier.
Wild rice, quinoa, and yam pancakes sweetened with agave nectar.

This is the first recipe I make from this book and it was a little disappointing at first.
The batter was so runny, I had to add chickpea flour to thicken it up.
It took me a couple of tries to get the an actual looking pancake.
Turns out, the trick is to use low heat and to cook each side for 5 minutes.

I would make these again, only because they are a much healthier version than traditional pancakes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's Woody! Are you getting excited for Toy Story 3?...

M.Champ said...

I tried this this morning. They stuck to the pan really bad. Im going to try the low heat, 5 minutes thing now. I was pissed because they took forever to make. Hope it works!

Anonymous said...

I tried it too, luckily today is Sunday because I would be really late for work by now. My pancakes never "cooked" at all and recked every pan in the house. Finally I thickened the batter in a saucepan then sort of browned globs in a freshly cleaned pan. I don't think I will attempt this again

a. said...

I tried them today. Same story: really runny and never cooked. We tried low heat too. My guess is that they need some more of a solidifying substance? More flaxseed? Some banana?