Tuesday, March 2, 2010

ALMOND FLAXSEED BURGER AND TATER TOTS


Today I Made:
ALMOND FLAXSEED BURGER OVER MIXED BABY GREENS AND SWEET PEPPER HEMP PESTO WITH A SIDE OF TATER TOTS for DINNER.
Burger and pesto recipes from Thrive by Branden Brazier.

Almonds, ground flax seeds, garlic, balsamic vinegar, and salt processed until smooth, shaped into patties and baked until golden brown.

For the pesto, process red bell peppers, garlic, basil, hemp seeds, hemp oil, salt and pepper until smooth.

The tater tops have been in our freezer for a few weeks and we finally had them for dinner tonight.
Seemed like it was the right time, since we were having a "burger."

Tater tots were AWESOME, of course!!!
Really took me back to my elementary school days.

The burger was interesting, although I think I may have over baked them just a little bit since they turned out a little too hard.

No comments: