Thursday, August 27, 2009

MANGO-AVOCADO ROLLS AND SOBA NOODLE SALAD


Yesterday I Made:
MANGO-AVOCADO ROLLS
AND
SOBA NOODLE SALAD WITH GINGER PEANUT DRESSING for DINNER.
Both recipes from the latest issue of Vegetarian Times magazine (Sep.2009).

The original recipe for the Mango-Avocado Rolls called for RICE PAPER WRAPPERS,
but I thought raw Collard Greens would be a much healthier and more colorful substitution.
The rolls are stuffed with vegan cream cheese (I used Follow Your Heart brand) mixed with minced red bell pepper, diced avocado, lime juice, lime zest, green onions, and sriracha hot sauce.
Then it's layered with alfafa sprouts and thinly julienned mango and rolled up in the Collard Greens.
No sauce necessary, since the cream cheese mix is so full of flavor.
I recommened making these for a party since they're so easy to make.

The SOBA NOODLE SALAD WITH GINGER PEANUT DRESSING was delicious!
Soba noodles in a rich peanut butter sauce then mixed with sliced cucumbers, red bell peppers and julienned carrots.
Even though I didn't have any ginger for the sauce, it still turned out great!

I couldn't wait to have leftovers for lunch today! Yummy!

3 comments:

Johanna GGG said...

love your amusing characters in the pictures - oh and the food looks delish too

Angie Eats Peace said...

I have this recipe marked in my magazine, but I like your suggestion of using collard greens!

Erin said...

Both those dishes sound fantastic, yum.