Tuesday, February 22, 2011

CHOCOLATE CHILI



After seeing my husband's Auntie Karolyn post VEGETARIAN CHILI on her brand spanking new blog foodjimoto.com last week, I just had to make a pot.

I used this recipe Chocolate Chili from VegNews Magazine.
I just loved the addition of chocolate in chili.
It gives it such a unique flavor.
Deep, smoky, and spicy.
Give this recipe a try.
But one word of advice, DO NOT USE THE 3 TABLESPOONS OF CHILI POWDER AND 2 CHIPOTLE CHILES as the recipe calls for.
I only used 1 tablespoon of chili powder and no chipotles, and it turned out spicy.
And I love spicy foods!

I served the chili with homemade cornbread and tortilla chips.
I wasn't too crazy about the bread.
It tasted like it came straight out of a box.
Dry and boring.

For the toppings, I love to add texture and spice.
Red onions, diced jalapenos with seeds, avocado and cilantro.

It's been rainy and cold in Southern California, perfect weather for CHOCOLATE CHILI!!!

4 comments:

HayMarket8 said...

HAHA! I love all your toys! They make me so happy. :)

http://haymarket8.blogspot.com

vincent said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com

Ankit568 said...

Hi
I used Pure Vegan B12 spray.There is also a cheaper version that does not advertise vegan but says so on the label called Pure Advantage B12. The ingredients are identical.

Vegan

cheap broadband packages said...

Nice post i really glad to read this informative post, thanks to share :)

cheap broadband packages