Monday, January 26, 2009

SOUTHWESTERN PINTO BEAN BURGERS WITH CHIPOTLE MAYONNAISE


Today I Made:
SOUTHWESTERN PINTO BEAN BURGERS WITH CHIPOTLE MAYONNAISE and BAKED SWEET POTATO FRIES for DINNER.
Pinto beans, corn, onions, cilantro, jalapeno patties on a whole wheat bun.
Then smothered with a tangy and spicy chipotle VEGENAISE (instead of mayonnaise).

All we can say is:
WOW!!!
This was by far the best burger EVER!!!

Perfectly spicy.
Flavors just melt in your mouth.
This will definitely be my go-to veggie burger recipe.

The sweet potato fries were satisfying, but they could use some work.
Pretty simple recipe:
sweet potatoes (cut into thick strips)
olive oil
salt
pepper

Bake on a preheated 375 degree oven for 30 minutes.
Then flip over and bake another 15-20 minutes or until medium brown.
They came out a little too soft for my taste.
I was hoping they would turn out crispy.
But I guess you have to fry them to get them crispy.

8 comments:

Jeni Treehugger said...

What did you sub the egg with??
It looks blinking yum!

shelby said...

Ooo, that burger sounds SO GOOD!

Try changing the temp to 425* on the fries and bake them for the same time flipping after 15. I always make them like this and they come out great!

Virginia said...

where did you get the recipe for the burgers? they look AWESOME!

VEGAN TICKLES said...

I used Egg Replacer and I provided thelink to the recipe on the post.

thedalyn said...

I also cook the fries at a higher temp and, as long as they're not cut too thick, they turn out pretty crisp. I also throw in some paprika--I like smoked--to the seasoning mix. And, since I happen to have two sweet potatoes in the cupboard, I think I'll have to try them with this burger tomorrow night!

River said...

WOW indeed!! It's so deliciously chunky! And of course the sweet potato fries are heavenly!

Michelle said...

Really nice sounding. I can see where the sweet potato fries might be too moist...maybe just longer in the oven would do it? Not sure.

CDM said...

those burgers look delicious!
I've been having a hard time finding gluten free and vegetarian bean burgers lately, looks like its about time to start making my own.