Monday, January 11, 2010

BUCATINI WITH GREEN BEANS,TOMATOES, AND OLIVES


Today I Made:
BUCATINI WITH GREEN BEANS,TOMATOES, AND OLIVES for DINNER.
Recipe from THE VEGAN GOURMET by SUSANN GEISKOPT AND MINDY TOOMAY.
I've had this book for months and months, even had this recipe bookmarked.
But for some reason, I always passed it up for another.
BIG MISTAKE!!!

First off, this recipe calls for bucatini, a pasta we've never tried.
Bucatini is a thick spaghetti-like pasta with a hole right in the center (which holds more sauce).
Isn't it cool looking?

Second, the sauce was delicious!!!
Made with whole tomatoes, garlic, red chili pepper flakes, green beans and olives.

Overall the dish turned out amazingly good.
It's rich, hearty, and so full of flavor.
I can't believe it took me this long to make it.
But so glad I finally made it.
Husband loved it too and can't stop saying B-U-C-A-T-I-N-I.

2 comments:

Millie said...

That pasta looks so fabulous & appetizing. I think I'll make some pasta for dinner tomorrow. I love your dish.

http://nuestracena-vegancuisine.blogspot.com

yeaaahtoast said...

What fantasmic pasta! I'm not a pasta person, but that certainly looks worth a try.
Love your blog, was telling the BF about this crazy vegan who photographs action figures with food. We're huge nerds!