Wednesday, January 6, 2010

GREEN PESTO SPAGHETTI AND BLUEBERRY SPICE CRUMB BARS

Yesterday I Made:
GREEN PESTO SPAGHETTI for DINNER.
This is my attempt at recreating one of our favorite dishes from Shojin, LA's only VEGAN- ORGANIC and GOURMET Japanese restaurant.
Whole Wheat Spaghetti mixed in a basil walnut pesto with sauteed kale, cauliflower, red chili pepper flakes, and pine nuts.
Simple dish, yet so full of flavor.
I think I may have succeeded in copying this dish!!!
It was AWESOME!!!

And for dessert, I made the BLUEBERRY SPICE BRUMB BARS from VEGAN COOKIES INVADE YOUR COOKIE JAR by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero.
A spelt shortbread crust with a sweet blueberry layer and a crumb topping.
This recipe actually got better the second day, because the bottom crust hardened up and held its shape.
So make it a day ahead and refrigerate.


2 comments:

Vegan In The VI said...

Are you going to post your recipe for the spaghetti?!

Gauri Radha गौरी राधा said...

I've never heard of pesto spaghetti and that looks terrific!!