Monday, July 19, 2010

HOMEMADE DAIYA PIZZA




Mozzarella Style Shreds


Cheddar Style Shreds

Last Night I Made:
DAIYA PIZZA for DINNER.
Using pre-made pizza dough from Whole Foods which I cut in half to make HIS and HERS pizzas.

HIS PIZZA:
Garlic,oregano olive oil sauce/spread,Daiya Mozzerella cheese, thinly sliced Tofurky Italian Sausage, potatoes.

HER PIZZA:
Same as above, minus the Tofurky Italian Sausage and with the addition of thinly sliced roma tomatoes.

For the potatoes and Tofurky, I pre-cook them in a small skillet with olive oil until lightly browned on each side before adding to pizza and baking.

For the GARLIC OREGANO SPREAD, I minced 2 cloves of garlic and mixed it with 1 teaspoon of crushed oregano, 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil, salt and pepper. Then spread over stretched pizza dough.

Then topped each pizza with half a bag of Daiya cheese, and the rest of the toppings and baked in a 400 degree oven until bubbly and crust is lightly browned.

Pizzas turned out amazing!!!
Daiya really melts and tastes great.
Highly recommend it.

Can't wait to have leftovers for lunch!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I just came across your blog...and I think it's my son's very favorite now. He just called out to his sister to come look at the "cars." That looks like a delicious combination for a pizza.

Jenn Shagrin said...

Thank you so much! It seriously is the dream life.

Dammmnnnnn. That pizza looks bomb.

Rose said...

Love the idea of his and hers pizzas! I love potatoes on pizza; those combos both sound great!

Andrea @Celery In The City said...

I've never had potato on pizza, but I have had vegan 'pizza' fries before..those were BOMB.

Cold Daiya IS also bomb, I usually buy a pizza slice from Whoel Foods and I never have them warm it up!

miss v said...

looks really good - i'm still waiting for daiya to hit our market!