Wednesday, May 21, 2008

ROASTED TOMATILLO AND PINTO BEAN TACOS


Today I Made:
ROASTED TOMATILLO AND PINTO BEAN TACOS for DINNER.
Original recipe from VEGETARIAN TIMES May 2008 issue.
I made a few substitutions:
-Pinto beans instead of black beans.
-Guacamole instead of plain avocado.
Taco are stuffed with Pinto beans, roasted onion, RED bell pepper, corn, guacamole, and the roasted tomatillo salsa.
For the second picture I heated the tortilla on a grill pan over medium heat until each side hardened, thus turning it into a UNFRIED tostada.
Then I layered the beans and the rest of the toppings.

The tomatillo salsa was sour, spicy, and tangy.
Overall, this turned out great.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Can you believe there are no tomatillos here? what have I done to deserve this? I love your tacos!