Thursday, May 29, 2008

WHOLE WHEAT PENNE WITH SPINACH-BASIL PESTO

Today I Made:
WHOLE WHEAT PENNE WITH SPINACH-BASIL PESTO and SPINACH STRAWBERRY SALAD for DINNER.
This pesto was super easy to make.
1 cup loosely packed basil+2 cups spinach+3 cloves garlic+1/4 cup pecans+salt+pepper+ 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil= THE BEST PESTO SAUCE EVER!
Process all ingredients ( except olive oil ) in food processor until thoroughly mixed.
Slowly add olive oil while machine is on until completely blended.
Pour over hot pasta and serve.
So simple and tasty.

3 comments:

Rural Vegan said...

The pecans sound like a great addition to the pesto - yumm!

Hungry Hungry Dancer said...

Im new to your blog.. so hi!!!!
I've never made pesto, but yours looks great... makes me think I might have to venture into the world of pesto!

Jess said...

God, I love pesto. I have never made it with spinach, though! Yummm!