Tuesday, March 17, 2009

PASTA DELLA CALIFORNIA AND TOFU CHOCOLATE MOUSSE

Today I Made:
PASTA DELLA CALIFORNIA for DINNER.
Recipe from VEGANOMICON.
Whole wheat linguine, arugula, broccoli, lemon juice and zest, red chili pepper flakes, and avocado.

This was actually my second time making this recipe.
The first time, I used broccolini and spinach instead of broccoli and arugula, which I think makes a better dish.
The arugula was way too bitter for me.
And the broccoli doesn't add anything to the recipe.
The avocado was our favorite part.
It seems a little odd at first to eat warm avocado, but it actually does work.
So creamy and delicious.

Today I Made:
TOFU CHOCOLATE MOUSSE for DESSERT.
Recipe from marthastewart.com.
Chocolate chips, silken tofu, soy milk, and cacao nibs.

This is has got to be one of THE best desserts ever!
And not just because it's a chocolate dessert.
But because it's SO SIMPLE to make.
All you do is melt the chocolate chips in the microwave.
Add the tofu, warm soy milk, and chocolate chips into a food processor.
Process until smooth and pour into individual ramekins and refrigerate for a few hours.
Top with cacao nids or shaved chocolate.

I highly recommend making this dessert.
You will not be disappointed.

4 comments:

Virginia said...

coraline is so cute! and your food looks delicious as always!!!

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

I love tofu mousses, they are so easy and tasty!

jd said...

That pasta looks fantastic, but the chocolate mousse looks even better :)

PS Thanks for the nice comment on my blog!

Anonymous said...

Your post reminds me that I need to go see Coraline. The pasta looks delicious, I'll have to remember no arugula - I don't like bitter either. And the tofu mousse looks awesome! :-)