Friday, May 14, 2010

MIJITA



Ok, so this is really my ALL-TIME favorite breakfast!!!!
CHILAQUILES from Mijita at the Ferry Building in San Francisco.

Mijita's is NOT a vegan or even vegetarian restaurant, but a few dishes can easily be veganized.
Owned by James Beard Award-Winning chef, Traci Des Jardins.
Mijita's serves tacos, soups, and salads using local seasonal ingredients.

The chilaquiles are served with egg, sour cream and cheese.
But we veganized them by omitting those three items.
And substituting the refried beans for regular pinto beans.
(The refried beans are mixed with cheese.)
We also got a side of guacamole and pickled carrots and jalapenos.

THE BEST BREAKFAST EVER!!!
At least for me it is.
I dream about Mijita's chilaquiles.
Crunchy yet full of sauce.
A tangy spicy sauce.
Highly recommend trying them.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I'm LOVING your San Fran posts! I miss you guys. XOXO, Nikki