Monday, May 17, 2010

SPICY TORTILLA CASSEROLE WITH ROASTED POBLANOS



Last Week I Made:
SPICY TORTILLA CASSEROLE WITH ROASTED POBLANOS for DINNER.
A souvenir from San Francisco.

Tortillas dipped in a spicy tomato sauce then layered with a mashed potato mix, roasted julienned poblano chiles, and more sauce.
Topped with pumpkin seeds and baked for 4o minutes.

The original recipe called for a home made PINE NUT CREMA (recipe also found in book).
But, I forgot to buy the ingredients to make it.

Delicious the first day.
Then it gets a little too mushy.

I also made the CAFE CON LECHE FLAN.
Took pics of it but somehow they were deleted from my MAC.
But take my word, it was one of the BEST desserts ever!
If you like coffee, you'll love this dessert.

2 comments:

Jen Treehugger said...

Looks good!
I'm loving the sound of the CAFE CON LECHE FLAN too!

Erin said...

I just bought Viva Vegan and can't wait to start cooking from it! You casserole looks fantastic.