Tuesday, May 11, 2010

THE PLANT CAFE ORGANIC

One of the reasons we love visiting San Francisco (aside from visiting my husband's granparents) is to eat out at all the amazing restaurants.
3 locations around the city and extremely vegan friendly AND organic!!!
Our favorite location is just about a 5 minute walk from our hotel, up Embarcadero to the Pier 3 restaurant.
This location has outdoor sitting with amazing waterfront views of Berkeley and the Oakland Bay Bridge.

So now on to the food.
The menu caters to vegans, vegetarians and omnivores.
Very gourmet with reasonable prices.

My husband and I both ordered the AVOCADO WILD ARUGULA salad with shaved fennel, creamy black pepper & macadamia nut dressing.
AMAZING!!!

The restaurant now offers Happy Hour from 3pm-6pm M-F. My husband and I have a rule to only drink vegetable/fruit juices first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. But once we saw a 3 tasting juice option on the Happy Hour menu, we (meaning I) had to try it.
They came in shot glasses, so you can imagine how small they were.

The first drink on the LEFT is the IMMUNE BUILDER-carrot,apple,and strawberry.
The one in the MIDDLE was the sweetest, CITRUS BLEND-orange,apple, and strawberry.
The THIRD drink, SKIN REFRESHER-cucumber,apple,and strawberry.
They were delicious and very refreshing.
But since they all had strawberry, they pretty much tasted the same.

Below, you can see a list of their juices.
They also carry smoothies.
We haven't tried them yet...darn!

And now for the entrees.
My husband ordered the PUMPKIN SEED & CORN MEAL ENCRUSTED TEMPEH-coconut mashed yam,sauteed broccoli and bell peppers with an avocado & tomatillo salsa verde.
Let's just say, the plate was clean when he was done.
OUT OF THIS WORLD GOOD!!!

I ordered the SPICY GREEN CURRY-asparagus, carrots, zucchini,broccoli and green bell peppers, coconut milk,lemon grass,kaffir lime,basil & mint served over jasmine rice.
You get an option to add baked tofu, but I chose to get just the veggies.
I love sour foods, so this dish was right up my alley.
I loved it so much, I'm even still thinking about it to this day.
YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For dessert, we ordered the POTS DE CREME.
Thick dark chocolate pudding served with 2 cookies.
It was good but not great.


THE PLANT CAFE at Pier 3 in San Francisco.
One of my top 3 favorite restaurants ever!!!
Great food.
Great views.
Great everything!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am dying to go here and definitely plan to when Im in SF later this month. But dont some of the dishes seem overpriced? Like the tempeh dish?!

VEGAN TICKLES said...

Believe me, it's worth every penny. The pier 3 location also has a to-go section which sells a killer tofu-eggplant sandwich for $5. My husband loved it so much. He took one home to eat for our 6 hour drive home.

two vegan boys said...

Wow. The food looks amazing. I have never been to SF, but when I do have the opportunity to visit, it will be a vegan feeding frenzy.

As always, we love your blog.