Sunday, March 9, 2008

STUFFED ZUCCHINI

Today I Made:
STUFFED ZUCCHINI for DINNER.
(This dinner was improvised. I made this using whatever I had left in the refrigerator and pantry.  Going grocery shopping tomorrow for the week.)
-I cut 6 zucchinis in half lengthwise.
-I hollowed out the seed portion of each half with the tip of a small spoon, but saved it to mix with the vegetable saute.
-Sauteed diced red onion, carrot, garlic, peas and corn in olive oil.
-Mixed cooked brown rice and the vegetables to make the stuffing.
-I added salt and pepper to taste.
-"Stuffed" the zucchini.
-Poured leftover mole sauce over half and green salsa over the rest.
-Baked for 45 minutes at 400 degrees, covered with foil.
***It's important to have 2 different sauces for variety.
We also had  SPINACH SALAD and a BAKED SWEET POTATO

No comments: