Thursday, July 16, 2009

BLUEBERRY PECAN CRISP

Today I Made:
BLUEBERRY PECAN CRISP for DESSERT.
Baked organic blueberries with a cripsy oatmeal pecan topping served warm with a scoop of Vanilla Bean WholeSoy & Co frozen yogurt.
The actual name of this recipe is "BLACKBERRY PECAN CRISP" from The Vegan Table By Colleen Patrick-Goudreau.
I found myself with way too many blueberries this week.
Bored of blueberry muffins, I scoured my cookbooks looking for something new.
When I came across this recipe, I figured that I could substitute the blueberries for the blackberries.

Not only was this dessert delicious, it's also super easy to make.
All you do is mix the berries with a little flour.
Process oatmeal, pecans, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and melted Earth Balance until crumbly and then sprinkle over the berries and bake until golden brown.

You can serve this warm or cold.
It's delicious both ways!
But make sure to serve with the WholeSoy & Co. Vanilla Bean frozen yogurt, it's creamy and super flavorful from the vanilla bean pods.

1 comment:

Gauri Radha गौरी राधा said...

Looks delicious!! I love blueberries.