Monday, May 4, 2009

BAKED MACARONI AND CHEESE


Last Thursday I Made:
BAKED MACARONI AND CHEESE for DINNER.
Recipe from VEGNEWS MAGAZINE JAN./FEB. 2008 issue.
Thick and creamy mac & cheese without the "cheese."
Never thought this would be possible after becoming vegan, but this recipe proved me wrong.
The sauce is made with potatoes, carrots, raw cashews, shallots, dijon mustard, garlic, spices and topped with homemade breadcrumbs.

I've actually made this recipe several times and even posted about it here.
My husband and I could finish this entire casserole just by ourselves in one night.
It is that good!
But I paired it with a salad to prevent that from happening.

If anyone wants this recipe, I'll be happy to share it.
Just leave a comment with your email address.

8 comments:

Rose said...

I've made this once before and love it! Unfortunately, I didn't cook the veggies long enough and ended up with a chunky sauce.

East Village Vegan said...

Mmmm Baked Mac and Cheese. I would love the recipe. My email is eastvillagevegan@gmail.com. Thanks!

Amy said...

Mmmm this is the best mac and cheese ever! Plus I love that it contains no nutritional yeast!!

Anonymous said...

Looks tasty! I'd love the recipe, thanks!
Kellyjoann33@yahoo.com

Brenna said...

That mac & cheese looks amazing! I love recipes where the secret ingredient is cashews. Could you email me the recipe also? brenna80@gmail.com

Thank you!

Jen Treehugger said...

I've heard nothing but great things about this recipe! I'm sure I've seen it online somewhere. Yours looks mighty fine.

Jen Treehugger said...

FOUND IT! YAY! For bookmarks.
:)

http://vegnews.com/web/articles/page.do?pageId=40&catId=10

Mara said...

me me me-I would love this recipe. It looks heavenly.

ooops...I forgot my email address in my previous post. maragrigsby@yahoo.com