Friday, May 8, 2009

ZA ZA ZITI

Yesterday I Made:
ZA ZA ZITI for DINNER.
Recipe from VEGNEWS magazine May/June 2009 issue.
Rich tomato sauce, macadamia-nut ricotta, creamy cashew sauce, and whole wheat penne (couldn't find whole wheat ziti).
Baked and eaten just like lasagna and paired with a romaine salad with a "Honey Mustard Salad Dressing from The Vegan Table.
This recipe is really time consuming since there are 4 different steps to it.
From cooking the pasta, to making the tomato sauce, ricotta sauce, and the creamy cashew sauce.
Oh, and you also have to do soak the macadamia nuts for 4 hours prior to making the ricotta.
But it was well worth all the work and all the dirty dishes and appliances.
It's not a dish I would make often because of all the work.
But I will definitely keep it in mind when I'm in the mood for a baked pasta dish.

5 comments:

Jen Treehugger said...

I've made the Ziti out of Vcon before and it is very time consuming.Yours looks super yum and worth the effort though.

Amy said...

Yum!!! Dare I ask if that is a soy free lasagna? It looks fabulous! I wish we got veg news in Australia :(

chow vegan said...

Looks great, so rich and creamy!

trina said...

Wowza, that looks good.

Dawn Pier said...

Hi,
I'm sure you've been asked this before, but I have to ask - why don't you post the recipes as well? It kills me to see all these great dishes and no recipe to reproduce them.

Hoping,
Dawn