Thursday, May 14, 2009

PANINI WITH LEMON-BASIL PESTO and SALAD

Yesterday I Made:
PANINI WITH LEMON-BASIL PESTO for DINNER.
Two slices of La Brea Bakery - Whole Grain Loaf slathered with the lemon-basil pesto and stuffed with roasted red pepper, grilled red onions, zucchini, avocado, tomatoes, and drizzled with balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
I don't own a panini maker, so instead I used a grill pan and then placed a heavy iron skillet to press the panini and to create grill marks.

Hard to eat.
It kept falling apart every time we took a bite but it was extremely tasty.
Makes me want to buy a panini maker just to make this sandwich.

The lemon in the pesto added a really great acidity to the panini.
I LOVE IT!!!
Today I Made:
GRILLED VEGETABLE SALAD for LUNCH.
This recipe is my own creation.
I used all the left over vegetables from the paninis, chopped them into small bite-size pieces and placed them over a bed of greens drizzled with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
One of THE best salads I've ever made.

1 comment:

Jen Treehugger said...

Mmmmm both meals look delicious.