Tuesday, May 12, 2009

OLD FASHIONED LENTIL LOAF, MASHED POTATOES, AND BROCCOLI WITH GARLIC BUTTER AND CASHEWS

Yesterday I Made:
OLD FASHIONED LENTIL LOAF, MASHED POTATOES, AND BROCCOLI WITH GARLIC BUTTER AND CASHEWS for DINNER.
Loaf and broccoli recipes from THE VEGAN TABLE.

The loaf is packed with lentils, onions, bread crumbs, walnuts, spices, seasonings, and topped with ketchup.
We both weren't too crazy about this recipe.
Every bite reminded us of lentil soup.

The broccoli was perfectly crunchy and full of flavor, sweet, tangy, and salty.
I don't think I'll be making this recipe again.
But then again, I'm a little biased since I don't really care for broccoli.

The mashed potatoes were divine.
So easy to make, you don't even need a recipe.
I do recommend using yellow potatoes.
All you do is wash (leave peel on the potatoes) and cube the potatoes.
Place in a pot and cover with water.
Cook over medium-high heat until soft.
Drain and place in bowl for mashing.
Add room temperature soymilk, Earth Balance, salt and pepper.
Use a potato masher and mash until desired consistency.

2 comments:

Jen Treehugger said...

It's just made my mouth water! Your meals are always so wonderful!

Jen Treehugger said...

Would you recommend this cook book then?
I'm on the look out for a new cook book so I would appreciate any advice.
:)