Tuesday, May 19, 2009

NO-QUESO QUESADILLAS AND TORTILLA SOUP


Yesterday I Made:
NO QUESO QUESADILLAS AND TORTILLA SOUP for DINNER.

Who would ever think to put hummus inside a whole wheat flour tortilla and cooking it until golden brown?
Colleen Patrick-Goudreau would!
Another awesome recipe from her latest cookcook:
The Vegan Table Cookbook - Click to see the full cover
This is actually the second time I make this recipe, but first time posting it.
It is such a great dish and versatile.
You can eat it as a snack or a meal.
I paired ours with homemade guacamole and green salsa.


The tortilla soup is tomato and chipotle based.
Easy, delicious, but really spicy.
I cooled it down by adding a dollop of Follow Your Heart Sour Cream
and our NEW favorite:

Multigrain Tortilla Chips
(sorry about the small picture)

1 comment:

Jen Treehugger said...

I'm loving the idea of Hummus inside a Tortilla. YUMMY!
Can't wait to get this book - you've totally convinced me. Have to wait for Amazon to stock it, it's not been released in the UK yet!!