Monday, October 27, 2008

BAKED MILLET AND SWEET POTATO BURGERS



Today I Made:
BAKED MILLET AND SWEET POTATO BURGERS AND MIXED GREEN SALAD for DINNER.
Recipe from THE VEGAN GOURMET.
Flavorful millet, sweet potato, lime juice, chile powder, garlic and more spices.
Original recipe called for a spinach and cilantro sauce to be pour over the patties and served as is.
Once I tasted the sauce, I knew that it wasn't going to be our liking.
So, I turned the dish into a burger with Vegenaise, avocado, and salad.
It was THE best burger ever!!!
The patties were so flavorful and the color so rich.
Overall, the patties, along with the burger, was a total gourmet experience.

3 comments:

Jen Treehugger said...

WOAH!
That's a mighty fine looking Burger!
I'll have to try me some of that!

Virginia said...

sweet potato patty? what a concept! sounds interesting!

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

Sweet potato burger! Awesome!! It looks so gourmet!