Friday, October 3, 2008

CHICKPEA TAGINE AND LEMON BARS


Today I Made:
CHICKPEA TAGINE WITH CINNAMON, CUMIN, CARROTS, and a side of SHORT GRAIN BROWN RICE for DINNER.
Recipe from VEGETARIAN TIMES, October 2008 issue.
Chickpeas, carrots, onions, raisins, cayenne pepper, cumin, agave,and cinnamon.
Such interesting flavors.
We both loved it.
And I loved it even more, because it took less than 30 minutes make.

Try squirting some lime juice and crushed red chili peppers.
Complete heaven.
Today I Made:
LEMON BARS for DESSERT.
Recipe from VEGANOMICON.
This was my first time making these and it won't be my last.
I absolutely think that this is one of the BEST desserts ever.
Tangy and sweet.
Heaven!!!

6 comments:

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

The chickpea tagine looks delicious! That incredibly delicious and perfect looking lemon bar is just too good for fords!

Sheree' said...

Yum, lemon bars. I have not made them since going from vegetarian to vegan. I really must you know. :o)

¡Yo Soy Liz! said...

Both those dishes look incredible! I saw that recipe in Veg. Times--what did you substitute for the greek yogurt?

VEGAN TICKLES said...

I bought plain soy yogurt.
But I didn't end up using it, bec. it looked to beige in color.

Bex said...

hooray for lemon bars!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful lemon bars! You've inspired me!