Thursday, October 9, 2008

REPEAT DINNER AND CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING



Today I Made:
WILTED KALE SALAD WITH CHIPOTLE DRESSING AND CAULIFLOWER CAKES.
VEGAN CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING for DESSERT.

This dinner is one of our all time favorites!
I've posted about these two dishes here.
They're both fast and easy to make.
I guess you can call them 30 minutes meals.

I veganized the chocolate bread pudding from a recipe I collected a few years back.
Never had the chance to make it until today.
The original recipe called for milk, eggs and butter.
I used plain unsweetened soy milk, egg replacer, and Earth Balance instead.
This was my first time making any type of bread pudding.
We absolutely LOVED it.
I was a little apprehensive about this it, because my husband hates soggy bread.
But, this recipe turned out perfect.
The bread had a great combination of textures.
Some soft pieces, some crunchy.
And the flavor was incredible.
Pure chocolate decadence.

If anyone wants this recipe, I would love to share it.

So, a few posts back, I mentioned that my husband and I were leaving for San Francisco to celebrate our 10 year anniversary and my 36th birthday. 
We almost had to cancel the trip this week. 
But, here we are getting ready to go to sleep so we can make the 5 hour trip.

3 comments:

donesmoking said...

i'd love that recipe for the choc. bread pudding...it sounds great!

my email is evestirs at yahoo. co. uk

have a great trip & happy anniversary/birthday :)

Bex said...

ok my first glance at the title of your post said "repeat dinner chocolate bread pudding" and I was thinking, that's awesome, they have chocolate bread pudding often for dinner.

Anonymous said...

Random reader here (got your link from the PPK's MoFo list!) - I would LOVE that recipe. My birthday's coming up and with the weather cooling down here in Maryland, I think that would make a perfect birthday dessert =D