Thursday, October 2, 2008

EVERDAY CHIPOTLE-VEGETABLE TAMALES


Today I Made;
EVERYDAY CHIPOTLE-VEGETABLE TAMALES AND SALSA HUEVONA for DINNER.
Recipe from VEGANOMICON.
Tamales stuffed with black beans, red bell peppers, carrots, onions, corn, spices, and chipotle.

Every Christmas my sisters and I help our Mom make our traditional tamales.
It's safe to say that they sure weren't vegan.
I thought I would never get to enjoy them again.
But thanks to Veganomicon,  we CAN enjoy them once again.

This was actually my first time making them from scratch.
Time consuming, but so delicious.
I can't wait to try different fillings.
Maybe poblano chilies.

SALSA HUEVONA actually means LAZY SALSA .
But there's nothing lazy about it.
In the traditional recipe, you have to chop tomatoes, onions, fresh jalapenos, jalapenos in vinegar, cilantro, tomatillos, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
I only used tomatoes, onions, fresh and vinegared jalapenos, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
Still tasty over the tamales.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Tamales are still a mystery to me... But they look really good, and so does the salsa huevona!

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

Tamalicious! Love the salsa huevona name!