Monday, October 12, 2009

APPLE STRUDEL



Today I Made:
APPLE STRUDEL for DESSERT.
Store-bought Puff Pastry filled with thinly sliced apples and topped with melted Earth Balance and drizzled with sugar.

The apples were thinly sliced and mixed with cinnamon, sugar, nutmeg, allspice, salt, and lemon juice.

Easy to make, but I recommend draining all the liquid that leaks out of the apples after baking and letting the strudel rest until cool enough to touch.

Serve with ice cream and of course coffee!
I would definitely make this recipe again.
But next time, I'll watch it a little better while it's in the oven, so the top won"t brown so much.

2 comments:

Jen Treehugger said...

Mmmm yummy that looks fab. I've not had a strudel for ages.

x said...

I would love a big slice of strudel! I've always thought it would be too hard to make.