Tuesday, October 13, 2009


Yesterday I Made:
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH LASAGNA for DINNER.
Recipe from BakeSpace.com.
Made up of two sauces, a roasted butternut squash and a Bechamel Sauce.

For the butternut squash sauce, all you do is peel and dice a squash and place it in a roasting pan with whole garlic cloves, fresh thyme,nutmeg, salt and pepper.
Roast until butternut is soft and tender and puree.

The Bechamel sauce is a little more involved.
Only because there is alot of whisking involved.
The ingredients are simple:
-Earth balance
-Flour
-Soymilk
-Salt and Pepper
-Nutmeg
Make a roux with the Earth balance and flour.
Then while whisking, add the soymilk and whisk until the sauce thickens.
Add seasonings and boil for a minute, just enough to blend the seasons.
Make sure to whisk continuously or else sauce will stick, boil over and curdle.

This lasagna is THE only lasagna my husband will eat!!!
It's super yummy and highly recommend making it ASAP.

Today I Made:
Recipe from ChooseVeg.com.

I had 3 overripe bananas sitting on the kitchen counter, went on the internet and found this recipe.
These muffins were moist and full of flavor.
I'm definitely gonna make these again.
Even my husband liked them!
And as I said in a previous post, he's not a cupcake fan (cupcake/muffin-same thing).

1 comment:

Jen Treehugger said...

GORGEOUS looking lasagne!