Wednesday, June 17, 2009

BREAKFAST AND DESSERT

Today I Made:
HOME FRIES and LEFTOVER 'FRONCH TOAST' WITH AVOCADO SLICES for BREAKFAST.
Twice cooked yellow potatoes, red bell peppers, and onions.
Recipe from Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook by Isa Chandra Moskowitz.

I saved a little bit of the leftover "FRONCH TOAST" batter from yesterday and a few slices of La Brea Wheat bread for today's breakfast.

I love pairing together sweet and savory, especially with breakfast.
Ketchup from the potatoes and maple syrup from the fronch toast.
And it's even better when you add a few slices of avocado.

Yesterday I Made:
CHOCOLATE-GLAZED PEANUT BUTTER SCONES for DESSERT.

I've made a huge mistake.
I over-cooked them.
They turned out way too dry and hard.

The only thing that saved them, was the chocolate glaze.
I have to give them a second try and make them again.

No comments: