Thursday, June 4, 2009

SCOTCH BROTH AND THE WORLD'S BEST CORNBREAD


Yesterday I Made:
SCOTCH BROTH AND THE WORLD'S BEST CORNBREAD for DINNER.

The SCOTCH BROTH recipe comes from none other than The Vegan Table By Colleen Patrick-Goudreau.
According to Colleen's description, this is a traditional Scottish soup served during the winter time.
Made with lentils, green split peas, barley, potatoes, carrots, leeks and onions.
It turned out to be more of a split pea soup.
Thick, hearty and perfect for a rainy day!

THE WORLD'S BEST CORNBREAD recipe came from the web.
But for the life of me, I can't remember from where.
I used whole wheat flour, earth balance, corn meal, green onions, minced jalapenoes, and garlic.
It turned out moist, spicy, and just plain mouthwatering!

3 comments:

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

ooh that cornbread sounds rad. I always thinnk i must add stuff to mine when i make it but then i forget to!

Hua said...

Hi Vegan Tickles,

That cornbreat looks great. Thanks for sharing the link too.

I'm Hua, the director of Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network, a network of over 2,000 of the best health writers on the web (including doctors, nurses, healthy living professionals, and expert patients). I think your blog would be a great addition to the Network, and I'd like to invite you to learn more about it and apply to join at http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger. Once approved by our Chief Medical Officer, your posts will be republished on Wellsphere where they will be available to over 5 million monthly visitors who come to the site looking for health information and support. There’s no cost and no extra work for you! The HealthBlogger page provides details about participation, but if you have any questions please feel free to email me at hua@wellsphere.com.

Best,
Hua

Jen Treehugger said...

Mmmmm that Cornbread looks so good! I can't believe I've never tried Cornbread yet!! And the Scotch Broth Recipe sounds pretty darn authentic to me. Mmmm Scotch Broth...