Thursday, June 11, 2009

FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE TART **UPDATED**


As I mentioned in my original post, this tart was a little bit bitter and not really sweet at all.
So, I thought and thought about how to sweetened it up and then it finally clicked: RASPBERRY SAUCE.

Sometimes I make a simple blueberry sauce for our morning pancakes.
A simple sauce made up of frozen blueberries, water, and cornstarch to thicken it up a little.

As I was searching the web for a raspberry sauce, I realized that I could use the same technique as the blueberry sauce with just a few changes.

So here goes my nonrecipe recipe:
RASPBERRY SAUCE
-1 bag frozen organic raspberries
-1/4 cup filtered water
-2 teaspoons sugar
-2 teaspoons cornstarch
-1/4 cup filtered water

In a small heavy bottomed saucepan on medium heat, add the frozen raspberries and 1/4 cup water.
Cook until raspberries have broken down and are heated thru, stirring often.
Remove from heat and strain using a fine sieve.
(I save the seeds and use them in smoothies.)
Add the liquid back to the saucepan.
Add sugar, stir and cook on low-medium heat.
In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and water with a small whisk until mixed.
Add to raspberries and stir until completely mixed.
Let cook until the sauce thickens slightly, stirring often.
Remove from heat.
Adjust sweetness to taste.
*Since I needed it to be sweet, I had to add another teaspoon of sugar.*
Let cool completely before adding it to chocolate tart.

No comments: